Read the Case Study
The previously installed concrete trench access covers over an oxygen pipework trench at this hospital were causing a number of issues due to both their weight and deterioration.
- The sheer weight of the previously installed concrete covers made them time-consuming and costly to remove and replace, as well as causing health and safety risks.
- The concrete covers were located on a public walkway and were causing a trip hazard for pedestrians because they had begun to degrade and crack.
- Potential to decelerate essential maintenance and repair works due to the time required to remove and replace the covers.
The Fibrelite technical team attended the site to conduct a full survey, following which they custom designed and manufactured a bespoke retrofit covering solution which fit directly into the existing frames.
- All Fibrelite trench access covers can be safely removed and replaced manually by two people, saving time and cost.
- Quick and painless to install, no need for concrete break out: Fibrelite’s custom manufactured trench access covers were retrofitted directly into the existing frames.
- Corrosion resistant: Fibrelite’s access covers are unaffected by water, underground gasses and most chemicals.
- Fibrelite’s anti-slip tread pattern provides a safe walking surface for pedestrians.
This hospital now has a trench access covering solution which can be removed and replaced quickly and safely manually by two people and will provide many years of trouble-free service.
Key Fibrelite benefits at a glance:
- Easy access to trench services using Fibrelite’s ergonomically designed lifting handles.
- Successful application of the bespoke design solution.
- Fast installation.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Anti-slip/skid surface.
The Ultimate in Composite Engineering