Read the Case Study
Cadent Gas continue to update their facilities in the North West of England with bespoke Fibrelite access covers again featuring in their development. Fibrelite is fast becoming a distinctive feature of these redeveloped above ground installations (AGIs) throughout the country.
In this installation Fibrelite catered to the following unique requirements:
- Custom cover cut-outs to accommodate existing valve networks extending from within the trench to above ground networks
- Redevelopment of rebate – Fibrelite supplied a custom made 50mm deep frame section, allowing the existing rebate to be redeveloped whilst leaving the general arrangement of the access pits undisturbed
This project was part of a much larger programme of site redevelopment being carried out in the North West of England. Given the success Fibrelite had with previous installations for this client, they were specified again for this site.
- Custom cover sizes to fit existing apertures and piping entering trenches
- More efficient trench access than previously installed concrete covers allowed
- A modern, aesthetically pleasing finish
- Easy to remove covers: The previously installed concrete covers were very heavy and difficult to manoeuvre even though they were only trafficked by pedestrians
- A regimented delivery schedule
Fibrelite custom designed and engineered bespoke trench covers and frame sections. These were delivered in accordance with the client’s regimented delivery schedule.
- Fibrelite’s technical team attended the site before and after installation with Cadent Gas to programme in the necessary works and ensure the successful installation of the trench covers and frame section
- A 50mm deep frame section was designed to accommodate the existing rebate, resulting in a much faster and easier installation process, reducing disruption to site
- Covers were custom cut to accommodate existing valve networks
- Covers can be easily, quickly and safely removed using Fibrelite’s FL7 lifting handles
Covers were custom cut to accommodate existing valve networks
Fibrelite’s bespoke trench covers and frames proved to be the perfect solution. The client achieved the modern, aesthetically pleasing finish they desired as well as greatly increasing their efficiency while reducing health and safety risks to employees and monitoring teams.
The Ultimate in Composite Engineering