Read the Case Study
Damaged Cast Iron and Concrete Covers Replaced
Extremely heavy and damaged cast iron and concrete covers installed at the Substation caused a health and safety issue and needed replacing. Fibrelite’s lightweight heavy duty composite trench covers were specified as the ideal solution. Designed as a ‘consistently dependable’ ‘fit and forget’ product, the maintenance free trench covers provide easy and safe access to the electricity cables housed in the trench situated across the road.
Large Spans at a Heavy Duty Load Rating and a Cost Effective Solution
This particular project required 800mm long trench covers which met the BS EN 124 D400 load rating. Fibrelite D400 load rated trench covers span from 800mm to 1600mm, meaning large span coverage can be achieved saving the customer time and money.
Innovative. Durable. Practical. Proven.
Further advantages include:
- Lightweight reducing lifting and handling issues: The covers are easily removed by a two man lift, even at D400 load rating
- Improved efficiency and productivity: Quick removal and no expensive lifting apparatus required, just the ergonomically designed Fibrelite lifting handles
- Corrosion resistant
- Composite has no resale value to the scrap market so covers will not be stolen
- Non-metallic and will not spark
- Composite is lightweight, strong and unlike concrete will not crumble or crack
- Guaranteed structural performance: All covers are tested to BS EN 124 D400 load rating
The Ultimate in Composite Engineering